I hope I am doing this right. I’ve got my story all planned out, so I’ll just be changing something that could and would take the story to a whole other direction. This is from my chapter of “Marowmeyn” and takes place after “Mr. Winters. The Butler.”
I involuntarily jerked my body away from Tressa. I felt as though I had punched in the stomach. After the initial shock, I grew angry and reached over and grabbed her arm and squeezed it so hard she winced. “You liar!” I yelled at her.
This led to a new bout of hysterical crying from Tressa. She tried to pull herself away from me, but my grip was firm. I wrenched her arm closer to me and grabbed her other one so that she was facing me. Even though she was drenched and her face was red and puffy from crying, I could see her beauty. She had perfect fair skin with not a mark, big China blue eyes that would make the sky jealous, and a small mouth that was still beautiful through her sobs. Of course Mr. Winters would be more attractive to her than me. I had mousy brown hair, uneven and blemished skin, and tiny eyes of no color. She was the beauty, not me. As this realization hit me, I knew there was nothing I could do about Mr. Winters’ affections. I released Tressa with a small push and pulled my knees to my chest and rested my head on them. We sat like that for a while before I believed I had regained my composure. “Go to your quarters, get your things, and leave at once,” I commanded in monotone voice.”
“But Minta, you told me I would be safe!”
“Don’t you dare presume to call me Minta!”
“But Madam, what am I to do?”
“What problem is it of mine? Go. Leave this place. If I ever see you again anywhere, you will be the worst for it.”
I stood up and with as much dignity as I could muster, I walked back to my wing of the castle. I heard movement behind me, but I did not look behind to see if Minta had retreated to her rooms or was attempting to jump to her death again. I didn’t care.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Brittany,
You've done this exercise right and done it well.
Your journals are graceful and well-composed. It's evident you put time and thought each week into working on improving your writing craft. Keep going!
Post a Comment